Re: Re: Digital Array Controller

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:05:53PM +0100, Marc Schlensog wrote:
> Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com> schrieb am 17.02.03 19:01:36:

> > > If my memory serves me well, the KZPSA-PS is a differential SCSI
> > > controler, and is not supported under Linux.
> >
> > Internal docs here concur: differential fast/wide SCSI.
> >
> >  --Jay++
>
> Is there any chance to get this beast coupled with an external CD-tower?
> I'm asking since I have one of these at home and couldn't quite convince
> either part to work with the other one.

Well, the internal docs talked about connecting to the BA35X external
shelves that were common in those days. It'd require a "personality"
module in the BA that talked differential to the controller. Another
type of external box would require the same - talk "differential" -
and most common ones don't...

But, regardless...

I don't believe there is a Linux driver for it, as it is NOT a DAC960,
AFAICT.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com