[gmane.linux.debian.user.kde] Difficulties compiling KDE3 for Alpha

Posted this to debian-kde; anybody have any ideas?

Hi,

I'm trying to build kdebase from sid on Alpha, but I'm getting this
error:

checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for Qt... libraries /usr/share/qt3/lib, headers /usr/include/qt
using -mt
checking if Qt compiles without flags... yes
checking for moc... /usr/share/qt3/bin/moc
checking for uic... /usr/share/qt3/bin/uic
checking whether uic supports -L ... yes
checking whether uic supports -nounload ... yes
checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
checking for rpath... no
checking for KDE... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include/kde
checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... configure: error: not found -
you need to install kdelibs first.
make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 1

Looks like this boils down to a missing #include <klineedit.h> in the cpp
output.  This file does exist on my system in /usr/include/kde, same as on
an i386, yet the same configure test brings in the file on i386.

I'm not sure what the cause is.  Can anybody help?

(Yes, all the build-deps are satisfied.)

This is also reported as bug #180816.

-- John