Re: Debian on Digital 3305

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:21:56PM -0600, Richard Fillion wrote:

> I ran Debian on a Digital Server 3305, it ran fine.

What did the Linux kernel consider was the type of machine - NORITAKE?
That's what it should have done, but I want to make sure...

> The only problem i wasnt able to fix was that i couldnt get the
> burner i installed in it going for the life of me.

What kind of burner (I assume it was SCSI, as I don't believe the
NORITAKEs have IDE ports)? I"ve had good luck with both HP and Plextor.

> If you're ever looking to get rid of that box, let me know, mine died a
> few months ago, x86s just suck compared to Alphas eheh.

How did it die, power supply?

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com