Re: EB164 SRM Problems - Followup

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 05:07:22PM +0100, S.D. Pais wrote:

> For now I'm swithced back indeed... Running 2 PCI 3Com's is an alternative
> for now...

Just a thought, mabe you should use a couple of ISA NICs, though you
may be limited to 10Mbit and not 100Mbit, not to mention the overhead
WRT handling ISA interrupts vs PCI...

> (Little side question... The EB164 should support some faster CPU's
> then the 266MHz if have at the moment, only I guess nothing else
> than a EV5 will work? I can get hold of a 500MHZ or some EV56, but
> their too different I guess?)

Yes, you are limited to EV5 only (not EV56), and the fastest put in
there was 333MHz (I had a 266MHz that I recently upgraded to a 333MHZ
one which was just lying around :-). You need the CPU and an
oscillator of the appropriate frequency. Prolly isn't worth the hassle,
unless it's free, as I didn't notice much improvement... ;-}

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com