Re: EB164 SRM Problems - Followup

> Hmm; what ISA card were you trying to use? I'm sure that there were a
> few tested in there, but I'd have to guess they were old circa S3 928
> vintage ones...

I just switched back, and strange enough it indeed initialised my ISA card
just fine (It's some '88 Paradise chip).
Get's me too think the other one I have will be broke, which I'd never
expected of them OLD ISA card with huge ass parts...

> Yes, I'd recommend staying with SRM if at all possible, but...

For now I'm swithced back indeed... Running 2 PCI 3Com's is an alternative
for now...

> If you got rid of the ECC problems (replaced the memory), then you
> should be stable enough with MILO/EBSDK PALcode to handle the 4-port
> NIC and PCI VGA.

I'll see if I can get 2 identical modules to fit the other six indeed!

> Good luck.
>
>  --Jay++

Tnx alot!

Sebastiaan.

(Little side question... The EB164 should support some faster CPU's then the
266MHz if have at the moment, only I guess nothing else than a EV5 will
work? I can get hold of a 500MHZ or some EV56, but their too different I
guess?)