Re: EB164 SRM Problems - Followup

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:29:06PM +0100, S.D. Pais wrote:

> Doh... I could of course consider to chage my ways, but then I'ld have to
> run the thing _without_ VGA card... Since SRM doens't seem to support my (or
> any?) ISA cards...

Hmm; what ISA card were you trying to use? I'm sure that there were a
few tested in there, but I'd have to guess they were old circa S3 928
vintage ones...

> And when I'ld remove the 4Port NIC I'ld have to replace it with 2
> other single port NIC's, and thus still have no space for a PCI
> graphics card... But then, if the ECC correction doens't work under
> ARC, I suppose it'd be the better choice?

Yes, I'd recommend staying with SRM if at all possible, but...

If you got rid of the ECC problems (replaced the memory), then you
should be stable enough with MILO/EBSDK PALcode to handle the 4-port
NIC and PCI VGA.

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com