best way for dhcp

Hi!

Right now I configure my dhcp device manually running pump. It works.
I want this to be done at boot, though, and I've been checking around how
to do this.

In my /etc/network/interfaces I have

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

as the docomentation said this is the way to go. It doesn't get the right
information at boot, though. The configuration for dhcp-client is the
standard one that is said to work.

Perhaps the best thing would be to put pump in somewhere in my boot
process? I reckon I could solve my problems with some ugly hack
workaround, but I would like to do it the proper way. Any advice would be
of great help.

Thanks,

/Jokke tmw.
···