Re: matroxfb on SMP alpha

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Bob McElrath wrote:

> Eureka!  It works!
>
> The basic problem all along seems to be that fbdev sucks on alpha.  It
> seems that any and all graphics operations don't work on the alpha (if
> someone else knows otherwise, please do tell).  None of the various
> applications I could find that wrote to the framebuffer were able to
> display anything, including fbtv, fbi, mplayer, fbgs, ggi, svgalib, sdl,

I've been reading this thread without understanding it, but FWIW your
final conclusion reminds me of two threads on this list, 'X can't find
usable screens' around the end of 2002 Sep, and 'Prob getting X going
with Matrox card and Woody and XFree 4' from 2002 Dec. In both the
solution was to disable fbdev.

- Robert