Re: Kernel vierdness with ISDN

On Thu 09 Jan 2003, Kári Davíðsson wrote:

> Over the hollidays I installed unstable on my Multia, which handles my
> dialup connection and firewalling.

> Now when I try to start the isdn services (sh /etc/init.d/isdnutils
> start). I get the errors stating that there is a version mismatch
> between isdn utilities (using version 5 of some structure) while kernel
> is using version 6.

Can you show 'dpkg -l isdnutils-base' ? This sounds like the utils were
not built properly... Or you have old stuff, perhaps in /usr/local?
'type isdnctrl'

Also show 'isdnctrl -V'.  I get:

    isdnctrl version 3.2p1
    Kernel's view of API-versions:
    ttyI: 6, net: 6, info: 1

This is on my alpha :-), with isdnutils-base 1:3.2pre1-3

> 3) Paul Sloothman was very knowledgable about ISDN when I was getting a

s/Sloothman/Slootman/

Paul Slootman