Re: X11 ok, now problem with gnome session

> Hi,
>
> Now that I have an ATI graphic board, my X11 server works fine.
> But if I want to use gnome session the X11 server Dye without any
> messages.
>
> Any idea ?
> Thanks in advance...

Hello :)

I've got the same problem.
As soon as I upgraded to glib-2.0.7 and I received this error at every
gnome start.
This is gdb output for apt-get installed binaries.

$gdb gnome-session
[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 1729)]
0x0000020000e14a38 in _init () from /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0

It seems that there is a problem in libgthread-2.0
At first I downgraded to glib-2.0.6 and everything worked again.
Now I've upgraded to glib-2.0.7 again and cannot use gnome-session.
Moreover, I cannot turn back because of packages dependencies! *doh*

bye
gl :)