Re: Personal Workstation 500au problem with a cirrus board

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 15:16, Jay Estabrook wrote:

> This is most likely one of the so-called TGA2 boards that DEC
> manufactured.  It had a low-end Cirrus VGA chipset on it to provide
> text mode console support only, ie the Cirrus was NOT intended to run
> graphics, and has only a small amount of memory (512K?).

Ok, the confusion starts to end now...

> Look on the adapter's endplate for the model number, probably
> something like PBXGB-AA (aka Powerstorm 3D30, 8-plane 2MB mem) or
> PBXGB-CA (aka Popwerstorm 4D20, 24-plane 16MB mem). You MUST run the
> TGA server from XFree86 on these boards.

Don't found anything which looks like PBX... But here is my lspci :
01:04.0 VGA compatible controller: Cirrus Logic GD 5430/40 [Alpine] (rev 47)
01:05.0 Display controller: Intergraph Corporation: Unknown device 00eb (rev
40)

And I have a big INTENSE 3D written on the board.

> Good luck.
Thanks !

xavier