Re: openoffice.org - status of port

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 12:51:49AM -0500, Tom Vier wrote:
> anyone have alpha debs? i've only been able to build it on x86. i just tried
> 1.0.1-5 and during config it thinks i don't have libstl installed (i do).
> does anyone have debs or patches to build it for stable?

Hi Tom,

There hasn't been as much work on the Alpha port of OOo as i386, ppc or
s390 and there is a lot that still needs to be done.  Gwenole Beauchesne of
Mandrake has been working on the port recently, although I don't know how
far he has got.  There were several 64 bit issues, and the highly
hand-optimised 'bridges' project needs to be ported for the architecture+ABI
combination too.  The dev@porting.openoffice.org mailing list archives can
tell you more, and is a good place to ask questions / get involved in
testing the port: