Fwd: Re: kernel building ?? [harald.simon@netsurf.de]

On 2002.11.12 20:39 Harald Simon wrote:
If you build the kernel with make boot or just make you should get the file vmlinux.gz in ../arch/alpha/boot. This is the compressed kernel image you can use.

-- I prefer to copy the System.map and the vmlinux.gz manually into the boot directory. On debian, you have to ensure, that the link in root shows to the right kernelimage in /boot. -- Or change the boot parameters to bootfile=/boot/vmlinux.gz.