Re: 3ware Escalade 7810 & UP2000+

With regards to your message at 03:06 AM 11/7/02, Juha Jäykkä. Where you stated:

  Has anyone ever run ATA RAID5 on UP2000+? The above card is supposed to
be able to; plus it is 64 bit/66MHz like UP2000+'s PCI bus. Any ideas as
to why I should NOT buy it? Or should I consider some other controller?
SCSI is, unfortunately, out of the question since the discs cost too much
for our budjet.

Done it here with Red Hat 7.2, 3Ware 8 port card.
Works lovely. However better performance may be had by using the card in JBOD mode, and running Linux software RAID on the machine.
I recommend Neil Brown's mdtools for making/monitoring the RAID.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
   T5X 1Y3

Ask me about NAS and near-line storage