apt-get locks machine.

Hi,

apt-get has been causing my machine to completely lock up -- there is
no response on the console and I cannot log in from another machine, the
only sign of life is that the modem lights indicate that the line has
not been dropped . It seems to be random; sometimes it happens 3 time on
the trot and other times I can go for weeks without any problems.

Sorry I cannot be more specific than this but this is what I am seeing.

Has anyone else seen this?

rgh

--
"It is possible to make things of great complexity out of things
 that are very simple. There is no conservation of simplicity"

Richard Heycock <rgh@roughage.com.au>
key fingerprint : 909D CBFA C669 AC2F A937  AFA4 661B 9D21 EAAB 4291