UP2000 cse and power

Case requirements for UP2000:
1: Case that has enough width and height to allow a good fit of the board and the SlotB modules.
2: The modules must be unobstructed from above for servicing
3: There must be no air impedance in front or behind the modules
4: A case fan at the back of the case must extract enough air to take what the 4 fans on the SlotB modules are moving and take it out of the case. There must be sufficient clear air intake to allow for enough flow for the SlotB modules, the RAM, and the drives.
See:
See:
http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/Chassis/SC760.htm

5: The power supply needs to be at 450W, and of that you need to have :
   3.3V of at least 35 Amp
   5V of at least 30A
   12V of at least 15A.

For example, see:
http://www.nmbtech.com/pdf/powersupplies/sd004a450pcw.pdf

The power supply needs to provide a 2o pin ATX power connector, a supplementary 6 pin AT style connector and a 4 pin HD style supplementary connector to attach to the motherboard.

Case fans can be run directly off the power supply. If you want to run supplementary fans off the motherboard then they must be connected in a special pinout designation, not the standard pinout.

We offer the NMB 450W Goliath power supply, with the proper cables and connections for $105 US. We offer the SC760 tower case with suitable modifications already prepared for the UP2000 for $235 US

I hope this helps.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
   T5X 1Y3

Ask me about NAS and near-line storage