Re: # Re: XFree86 4.2 Debian packages for Alpha

Branden Robinson wrote:

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 01:29:04PM +0200, mhv@DMU.dk wrote:
Dear Falk and Lists

You'r right, new unstable libc sounds a bit to unstable for me...

Is there any way to replase the xfree86 4.1 in Woody with the 4.2 version,
without having to be a Debian expert?

I'm copying this to debian-alpha@lists.debian.org and
debian-x@lists.debian.org for further comments from you and others...
You'd have to persuade the Stable Release Manager to permit such a
thing, and frankly I think there is a greater chance of the Sun
reversing its course across the sky.  Because he is so busy he appears
to be only permitting in security fixes and *nothing* else.

Stability aside, I thought I saw somewhere that someone had built the X 4.2 packages for stable; a quick look on Debian Planet or some such should turn it up.

If nothing else, at least it's easier than making the sun reverse its course across the sky... :-)

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>