Re: Screen scrambling in Pine 4.44

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 robert.funnell_removethis@mcgill.ca wrote:

> With Pine 4.44-4 in my Woody, the text consistently gets scrambled on
> the screen when I do certain operations ...

To make a long story short, and in case anyone else ever has a similar
problem: it turned out that I had an old rsh running which didn't
behave the way Pine expected it to. The problem could be solved either
by setting rsh-open-timeout to zero, or by upgrading rsh-clients.

I'm still a bit confused about rsh. dselect showed rsh-clients
as 'removed' (so it wasn't upgraded when I moved from potato to woody)
and yet I was still able to use an rsh. Where did it come from?

Many many thanks to the UW Pine team for their prompt and perceptive
help.

- Robert