Re: Reasonable graphics card for AWS 500au

Hello !
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 03:56:02PM -0400, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 11:29:57PM +0200, Dmitry Vyushin wrote:
> The following have been tested under RH 7.2 for Alpha on MIATA, and
> do fine, including 3D:
>
> ATI PCI Rage 128 16MB
> ATI PCI Radeon 32MB
> ATI PCI Radeon VE (7000) 32MB
> ATI PCI Radeon 7500 64MB

> All but the last, you may need to frequent computer flea-markets to
> find, whereas the 7500 appears to be just recently released to retail,
> and is not only a sizeable step upwards in terms of performance, but
> is also cheap (~$80 US in a recent Best Buy flyer here in
> Massachusetts).

Unfortunately this is not the case here in Europe. I asked several
dealers, researched several online stores and they all tell me they
cannot get any ATI Radon in a PCI version. The only ATI based card
I could get is the
"3D Prophet 9000" from Hercules using a Radeon 9000. It is roughly
though double the price of the 7500 (150 Euros).
Does anyone have any experience with it, especially in LXs ?

Thanks

       Helge

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de