Re: DVD player for Alpha?

On Monday, 14 Oct, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by "256 colour mode".

I'm not sure either.  :-)

> Do you mean you run
> the X server in 8 bit paletted mode, and rdesktop has a private
> colourmap?

No.  The X server is in 24 bpp.  All I know is that the NT's screen
displayed by rdesktop is in 8 bit mode (from the NT's point of view).  Not
being knowledgeable about the X protocol, I have no clue how rdesktop goes
about it - whether by asking the X server to simulate the 8 bit paletted
mode just for the rdesktop window, or by doing the simulation itself.  It
is quite possible that the 8 bit issue is totally irrelevant and there is
something else rdesktop does that breaks Xv...

Nikita