DVD player for Alpha?

I've been playing with xine and one of those DeCSS decoders
on my 164LX (600Mhz) trying to get it to reliably play DVDs.

The performance is terrible - I can play DVDs with NT4 just
fine on this machine (granted with an Alpha optimized player).

Has anyone done any work to build a more Alpha friendly xine?

Can anyone recommend a more efficient player?

I tried building xine and xine-lib with the Compaq C Compiler
and got different results (similar speed, but the individual
frames seemed clearer - if you believe that).

...tom