Re: need help w/ sound

Shannon Menkveld wrote:
Whenever any process tries to access /dev/dsp, my Alpha instantly and totally locks up, and has to be hard booted. The soundcard is an es-1370 that I have used for years in x86 linux, without issues. modprobe returns no error messages, and the module installs without a hitch. Does anyone have an explanation, or better yet a fix, for this?

--Shannon

IRQ or IO conflict with another device?? Try changind slots if you have another one free.

-Don Spoon-