Re: no jdk for alpha?

David Hellekalek wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald R. Spoon" <dspoon@satx.rr.com>

I have used the Compaq Java 1.3.1 SDK with good success.  They also
offer a "Run Time Environment" (RTE) if you don't need the full
Developers Kit.  You can get it at:

http://www.compaq.com/java/download/index.html

Do you know if / when a JDK 1.4 will be released? I am currently using 1.3
but I need the ipv6-support of version 1.4.

Don't really know. I am pretty much a "dabbler" and NOT a "power-user". I don't have any inside contact with Compaq/HP either so they don't consult with me on their plans :). I notice they have a beta version of 1.4 out for True-64 Unix, but not for their VMS stuff. If their pattern holds, the Linux version for the Alpha will be the last one done.... BUT they seem to be the only game in town for JAVA on the ALPHA that I have found. I never could make anything else work here.

Ask Compaq??

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-