apache + php4

hi @debian-alpha,
I´m trying to get apache work with the php4 module.
When I try to enable the Loadmodule directive for php in my
httpd.conf and then restart apache it tells me das apache was
restartet successfully, but apache is not running.
I get no error message, so I don`t know what I´m doing wrong.
If I remove this line again apache start as normal.
Is there any known Bug or am I just to stupid...?
I have following apache related packages installed:
apache
libapache-mod-perl
apache-common
libapache-mod-ssl
libapache-ssi-perl
php4
php4-gd
php4-ldap
php4-mhash
php4-imap
php4-mysql
php4-xml
libapache-mod-ruby
I think I have installed almost everything apache related cause
this is no production machine and I like too test around...
My machine is an Digital Personal Workstation 500au (miata)

Thanx
jonny