Mozilla hates my alpha...

Mozilla seems to crash quite often.  Both 0.9.9 from Woody and 1.0, which I
built from source, have a nasty habit of just dying, without warning, and
without triggering any crash alerts from X.  I was running 1.0 in Potato/X
3.3.6/Window Maker, and I am running 0.9.9 in Woody/X 4.1.0/KDE.  No other
application shows this kind of instability, and Mozilla has been rock-solid
for me on Intel.  Has anyone else observed this, or come up with a fix?

Thanks,
--Shannon

PS  Has anyone else running KDE 2.2 seen the edges of the windows go a little
bit wavy, and text sort of "lean" to one side and the other along with the
waves?