Re: Mozilla, netscape and potato to woody - ADDENDUM

Donald R. Spoon wrote:

> -SNIP- <
Also when was potato released?

About Aug of 2000, I think. Woody hasn't been "officially" released yet, but is due quite soon. It is essentially about as stable as it is going to get for a while. Go for it!

Cheers & Good Luck!
-Don Spoon-

Sorry, but in all my blathering I forgot the most important part :(

Before you do the "apt-get dist-upgrade" step, it is highly advisable to upgrade a few of packages from their Potato versions first. You should "apt-get install dpkg apt debconf".

All of this and more is explained in section 3 of the Woody release notes for the Alpha at: http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/alpha/release-notes/ (for the html version). I suggest you read this document... in fact, d/l the text version and print it out before you start. You won't be sorry...

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-