Re: DPL: please delegate an equipment donations manager

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer wrote:

> This is not the first time that potential donors have gone without a
> dialog.  I think Mr. Hilarius hits the nail on the head; Debian does not
> appear to have a person actually in charge of managing incoming
> equipment donation proposals.  I mailed both -admin and -alpha in effort
> to find a larger pool of interested people, but it appears possible that
> neither group felt it had a mandate to speak authoritatively on the
> subject.

Well, I think there are enough DSA maintained alphas for the need, so I'm
not going to be jumping up to claim some.

I think it would be nice if someone new could join the alpha porting
effort by picking up a donated alpha, but that is a very tricky matter to
handle in any sort of official manner..

> On a related point (speaking as a Debian developer), the DSA team may be
> overworked/understaffed, and it may be apropos to appoint some
> additional members.

I don't think we have any pending/incomplete projects, so I don't see why
you would say that.. There are currently 5 people with DSA privilage.

Jason