Re: Fw: 3.0.17 woody install boot disks won't net install?

On Sun 14 Apr 2002, Donald R. Spoon wrote:
> Harm Damsma wrote:
> >
> >Following your thread about kernel 2.4.18, I tested it overhere too.
> >Same results with my XLT-300 and NCR-scsi as reported by Donald Spoon.
> >I understood that Paul Slootman is *not* using the NCR to boot.
> >Apparently we cannot boot from disk using NCR53c810a ?
>
> You are correct about Paul not using the NCR to boot the kernel.  With
> your report, it looks like I am back to my starting point.  Well... not
> quite.  Paul has shown that the XLT will boot a 2.4.XX kernel with
> another SCSI controller card.  That is an "option" that I didn't have
> before.  Now to find another card that will work...

I can try booting off the NCR-scsi if I can find a scratch disk to
connect to that... Although I don't really think that this is relevant,
as apparently MILO loads the kernel fine from your disk on the NCR-scsi,
and that's the only point where it would make a difference, if I
understand the situation correctly.

Paul Slootman