Booting

Okay after much trials and tribulations I was able to install Debian on
my AlphaPC 164SX. However now I don't know how to boot into it. I'm
using milo right now (as soon as the box is stable I'm going to install
srm). When I did the install it asked if I wanted to create a boot disk.
I said yes but then it said It couldn't create a boot disk for me. It
think asked if I wanted it install milo. I said yes but again it said it
couldn't do it. ( I assumed because milo was already installed). The box
used to run RH 6.2 fine so I'm assuming that there may be a newer
version of milo???? If so any info on how I could find out which version
of milo I have and how to upgrade would be appreciated. Else if anyone
could point me to other reasons why I wouldn't be able to boot into
Debian. Except for the boot devise everything seemed to have installed
fine.

Carl P.