Re: Linux on a DEC alpha XL-300

> On Apr 07, Wieger Opmeer illuminated :

> Interesting side note: it's possible to upgrade such an old version to
> ext3fs (using tune2fs -j) and the 2.0.35 milo will still happily boot from
> it. I'm running a 2.4.18 kernel booting from a ext3 root filesystem on a
> XL266 system, works like a charm..

that is because when they are clean, ext2 and ext3 are for all purposes
identical.  what might be an interesting check, is if the system will boot
off the ext3 partition, if it has not been cleanly unmounted (and hence not
looking like an ext2 fs again)

./jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy