Re: Alpha newbie install woes

Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> said:

> Hello !
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 03:11:08AM -0800, Shannon Menkveld wrote:
> > > It's a horrible boot process, and it's the only machine that does this.
> > Oh, well... It's what I have, so I hope I can make it work...

<snip>

     I'm wondering if anyone has tested the Compaq JumpStart CD with these
systems. I've gotten a number of "Digital/Compaq" branded boxes to work
(ES40, ES45, DS20E, AS4100 and AS800) with this CD. I haven't been able to
test it with third party boxes or with another distro other than Red Hat and
Suse, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just in case the FAQ is here
(http://www.support.compaq.com/alpha-tools/software/jumpstart/readme-
1_4_1.htm) (watch for wraps) and you can download it here
(http://www.support.compaq.com/alpha-tools/software/index.html#jumpstart).

HTH,

Rodolfo