Re: galeon on the alpha

On 2002.04.02 23:01 Gunnar Wolf wrote:

In short... Galeon rules. It is, however, not fast. I often close it and
relaunch it two or three times a day. It takes a LOT of time to load.

If it is of any use, I have a 600MHz LX164 Alpha, 128MB RAM, and don't
run almost any Gnome stuff.

On my 533 MHz LX with 1 GB of RAM, Galeon runs great for weeks on end. So I'd say the slowness you see is due to lack of memory. Maybe you should check the setting of Galeon's RAM cache?

According to buildd.debian.org, the last couple of versions of Galeon have failed to build due to unsatisfied build-dependencies. I'll try a build today if I get a chance and report my results.

-Doug