Re: tdfx-DRI with X 4.2 / FlightGear 0.7.9

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 07:49:12AM +0100, Marius Hillenbrand wrote:

> 1st problem:
> I'm running a self-built XFree86 4.2 on a Voodoo 3 2000 which works
> perfectly in 2D. I updated from 4.1 only because DRI was very unstable (but
> it worked) - but now a program using OpenGL (libGL is the X-version) either
> segfaults (for example glxinfo) or freezes the display (mouse is movable
> but fixed to the "character" cursor - system is still running and
> rebootable over network or via Alt-SysRq-[SUB]).
>
> Did anyone encounter similar problems and is there a (perhaps obviously
> simple) solution ??
> The problem occurs with both 2.4.16 and 2.4.18, I'm running potato.

Did you rebuild the DRM modules from the source in the X tree against
those kernel build trees?

> 2nd problem:
> I've successfully built FlightGear 0.7.9, C(XX)FLAGS where -mieee -O4
> -mcpu=ev56 (the complete "lib-chain" plib, metakit and SimGear had to be
> built with -mieee).
> FlightGear starts (in 24bpp without direct rendering) and displays the
> splash screen, materials are loaded but when the flight model is
> initialized either an "Aborted" or a segfault finishes the process.
> Is this the "common endpoint" on LinuxAlpha or did someone reach farer ??

You got further than I did... :-\

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K15         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com