RE: alphalinux.org and linuxalpha.org (was Re: Nvidia video cards)

Could 'one' person please CC this to the suse list, I am not subscribed.

I'm going to disagree with Rich here. The machines (plurl) ARE hijacked.
Barrett become so "disinterested" with computers at one point he tried
to ebay the UP2000 API donated to US without even telling me or Rich.
If it wasnt for Kirk Erichson giving me a heads up the thing would have
been sold for under 5K with the profits going in his pocket.
It's a 15K machine. Rich Payne is the orignal owner of alphalinux.org the
domain but the administrative part of it was transfered to Barrett for
some reasons that where practical at the time. Rich still pays the bill even
though the domain name effectivly points no where.

I have CALLED him numerous times only to be screened on his caller
ID or dumped into his voice mail. He's never returned a call or
an email since the ebay incident which was summer 2000, maybe earlier.
We've faxed him domain trasnfer forms that have been ignored along
with phone calls regarding that subject. So this is the situation.

Barrett G. Lyon holds hostage by his inaction and blatant disregard in
general:

1 UP2000 dual 667/2 in a CH320 chassis. Been offline for 2 years +.

1 164LX donated by a former linux/alpha user under certain terms which
are NOT being met. It's supposed to have net access so he can use it from
time to time for a shell.

1 domain name, alphalinux.org .

The last recourse besides a firmly written letter sent via certified mail
is probably legal action of which I wouldnt know how to begin. One
last handicap, Barrett's Dad is a lawyer :-).

So (me) having no job and very little money I ask the alphalinux community.

Help.

Ideas, suggestions, course of action, resources aka money, lawyers, and/or
your time would be greatly, heartfelt appreciated.

If we can get the hardware back it does nobody any good for it to sit
in mine or Rich's house. It would require colocation of which costs money.
We'll cross that road when we get there.

If anyone wishes to speak with me just email me and I'll send you my
number. I'd rather not publish my home phone on a mailing list.

Thank you.

Peter

--
www.linuxalpha.org	www.alphadriven.org