More DAC960 woes....

Hi,

It seems that the DAC960 has been a hot topic so I thought i would see
if anyone has had the same problems as me.

I have an AS2000 4/275 (single CPU).

My first problems were with a DAC960PD which i upgraded to the 2.73
firmware as that is all it would take. However when i tried insmod the
DAC960 module it gave me the following (under 2.4.18preXX and 2.2.20):

DAC960: ***** DAC960 RAID Driver Version 2.2.11 of 11 October 2001 *****
DAC960: Copyright 1998-2001 by Leonard N. Zubkoff <lnz@dandelion.com>
DAC960#0: Unable to map Controller Register Window for Controller at
DAC960#0: PCI Bus 0 Device 8 Function 0 I/O Address a000 PCI Address 0x0

I have mailed the author and he seemed to think that the problem was
something to do with the null PCI address that the card was getting.

So i have got several more DAC960's from a friend to try, 5 in total, so
i'm hoping i can get one of them to work, however now i'm getting the
following error when i try to insmod the module, this happens on a 3.5
or a 2.73 firmware controller:

DAC960: ***** DAC960 RAID Driver Version 2.2.11 of 11 October 2001 *****
DAC960: Copyright 1998-2001 by Leonard N. Zubkoff <lnz@dandelion.com>
DAC960#0: Unknown Initialization Error FB for Controller at
DAC960#0: PCI Bus 0 Device 8 Function 0 I/O Address 0xA000 PCI Address
0x9002000

I have searched around pretty throughly and found 1 other instance of
this error but no fixes or ideas on what caused it...

Any ideas?

I suppose that if i can't get this to work i will have to try and get a
differnent brand of controller, I can get an AMI 466 (i think it is)
Raid controller, anyone had any experience with these under Alpha?

Thanks in advance

Campbell