compaq ds 10

Hello!

My name is Andras Barton, I'm a student at the Budapest University of
Technical and Economics  (former TUB).

I want to install debian to a DS10 Compaq alphaserver, but it does not
work.

I have a cd image from Compaq (jumpstart 1.4.1) but after booting the cd,
the system "hangs up" (it waits at least for 6 hours i tried..., the power
and the disk led is on) this happened after the initialisation of the SCSI
card.

now i tried the rescue.bin, from floopies, to boot the system.
Unfortunately it also did not work. the system does the same, except that
it happens at: aboot: starting the kernel linux.gz with arguments ro....

Does anyone have suggestions? Is there anyone who tried debian on compaq
server?

Thanks a lot, Andras Barton

sziakoszi
		framling