Re: firewall/http problem with 2.4 kernel

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 01:22:57PM +0100, Edgar Denny wrote:
> I can't seem to get http working through my firewall. At first I
> thought it was an ECN problem, but I disabled it when I built
> the kernel. Also, ssh works fine through the firewall. http also works
> fine when I connect to other machines behind the firewall. My i386,
> which is also running a 2.4 kernel, has no problems.

What do you mean by "not working"?  Are packets getting out? are they
coming back?  Could be a fragmentation or MTU discovery problem.

  - Craig (Who's spent 16 hour day debugging networks, only to get a
    phone call at 4am today yay)

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>