Re: problem after X crash

> does the fbcon driver work on alpha, yet?  you might try that - i had some
> crazy problems like this on a laptop;  installing fbcon and running X on
> top of that helped TREMENDOUSLY.

  I am not sure. I have the matroxfb modules (if that's what you mean)
compiled but 2.2.19 does not know anything about Matrox G450, only
G400, so they do not work. Moreover, all linux kernels seem to assume
G4x0 are AGP cards and try to use agpgart.o which naturally fails
miserably on a machine with a PCI G4x0 and no AGP slot (bus?) at all.
So even if there was a 2.2.19 driver for G450, I doubt it would work
since it probably would want to depend on agpgart.o.
  Any other ideas on how to "repair" a broken virtual console? How
about the generic framebuffer drivers? They do not seem to work
either but they may be failing for some other reason than agpgart.o...
I seem to remember they want to open /dev/fb? but fail (as root) which
would hint it is a no-fb-works-on-alpha -like problem.

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|