Re: problem after X crash

Hello Juha,

Saturday, September 08, 2001, 1:05:41 AM, you wrote:

JJ>   I had my X crash the other day and afterwards, the virtual consoles
JJ> seem to be stuck in graphics mode: the screen is blank except for the
JJ> remnant of the X cursor which stays exactly where it was before I
JJ> switch VTs. X works again but VTs are quite useful to have and now I
JJ> would like to have them back up without booting. Any ideas? (I read
JJ> Console and keyboard HOWTO already - no use.)

are you sure if you make a ps aux that al X and it childs are really
dead, it could be some zombie.
if i understand well your message you can go to tty1 and reboot, so
you could also look the ps and kill all X subprocesses

sorryfor my poor english ;)

--
Best regards,
 victor                            mailto:ixnay@infonegocio.com