Re: problem after X crash

Hello Juha,

Saturday, September 08, 2001, 1:05:41 AM, you wrote:

JJ>   I had my X crash the other day and afterwards, the virtual consoles
JJ> seem to be stuck in graphics mode: the screen is blank except for the
JJ> remnant of the X cursor which stays exactly where it was before I
JJ> switch VTs. X works again but VTs are quite useful to have and now I
JJ> would like to have them back up without booting. Any ideas? (I read
JJ> Console and keyboard HOWTO already - no use.)

i think you could have a child processes zommbie, go to tty1 and kill
them, if understand you can go to the normal text console ;)

--
Best regards,
 victor                            mailto:ixnay@infonegocio.com

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and is
intended for the addressee only. Please destroy this message and advise the
original sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.

This email message has been scanned for viruses however we cannot guarantee
that it is virus free and recommend that the message, and any attachments
are scanned by the recipient.

Any opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this email are
to be considered to be those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect
those of the company.

Any prices, estimates and/or other figures quoted in this email may contain
errors and/or omissions and are subject to confirmation prior to the
formation of any contract..