Re: Boot disks

Istvan Gyenes <frts@simba.sch.bme.hu> writes:

> This weekend I tried out the boot floppies on my Jensen.
> (http://people.debian.org/~falk/disks-alpha/jensen/)
> The booting went fine, the install screen came up correctly.
> :-)))
>
> OTOH two things are missing:
> 1st: There is no driver for the AHA1742 SCSI controller in the install
> kernel. So I can't do an install.

Hmm, there should be all reasonable disk controllers in the kernel.
Please file a bug against kernel-image-2.2.19-jensen.

> 2nd: The is no driver for the NE2000 ISA network card.
>
> In my oppinion, the common network cards in the Jensen are: DE203,
> 205, 422 (the EISA one), and NE2000. But maybe I'm wrong.  So I
> think it is a good idea to include the drivers for these cards in
> the installation kernel. If it fits on the floppy.

Well, I'm not so sure on this one. If your network card is missing,
you can always just use the drivers disk; so I'd rather not include
any more. I think the rescue disk is pretty full already...

        Falk