Re: ATI Rage 128 and UP2000/264DP board

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 01:43:54PM -0500, Martin Sanborn wrote:

> However, it appears that it was not installed in a proper slot. When I moved
> it to the PCI slot closed to the edge of the board, it came right up. I was
> under the impression that the "first" slot would be the one closest to the
> processor. Also, it's interesting that while the ATI RagePro-based Xpert 98
> runs fine in any slot, the ATI Rage128-based Xpert 128 will not.

Sounds like a true UP2000, as DP264 has 6 slots, and the one closest
to the edge of the board is PCI peer bus #1, in which a VGA would not
be expected to work.

I believe UP2000 only has one PCI bus, and thus fewer slots (3 or 4,
or is there a bridge?), though a VGA ought to work in any one of
them...

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com