Re: half speed audio

lördag 21 april 2001 22:02 skrev Tom Vier:
> anyone else have audio playing back at half speed? cat english.au >
> /dev/audio works fine, but xmms, xanim, plaympeg, and realplayer all
> playback at half speed. i'm using 2.2.19.

I guess you have an ES1888 soundcard. I have that too and got the same
problem. You need to fool the sb module that it is an ES1688 to make it work.
Add "esstype=1688" or something like that to the options line for sb in
/etc/modules.conf

The problem still exists in the 2.4.x kernels...

Regards
Per Wigren