4D50 & Woody Xfree

Hi there,

I have just installed woody on a DEC Alphaserver 1000/A 5400 and am now
trying to get XFree-4 working.

The video card is a Powerstorm 4D50, which uses the Cirrus Logic GD5430
chipset.

Reading the release notes indicates this chipset wants to use the svga
driver. But there is no svga_drv.o in /usr/X11R6/modules/drivers.

I've tried the vga driver; it starts but is completely unusable (garbage on
screen).

Am I missing the point by looking for a svga_drv.o? Or is there a debian
package I need to download?

Many thanks in advance.

Mailto:iain.johnstone@forwardcontrol.com
Mailto:iain_johnstone@agilent.com (work)