Re: netscape works for root only

> On Mar 21, Ionut Georgescu scratched in indelible ink :

> Like already seen in the subject line, the problem is that netscape runs
> only for root. I have checked the permissions of all files in the netscape
> package (4.7-3) and they're OK . If a user tries to run netscape, then it
> gets a complain about a missing font and nothing more. No window, nothing.
> The CPU time is next to null. I tried to strace the executable and it
> seems like it blocks in some osf_gettimeofday calls.

have you checked the permissions in the fonts dirs?
It sounds like the users cannot access them ...
are you running the OSF or the linux version of netscape?
you might want to check the compaq libraries have been installed correctly
too.  (check the recent threads on that one)

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy