Re: RPMs/Alien/Compaq CC/CPML combo!

Phil Carmody wrote:

> This is going to sound dumb, but you only learn by asking...
>
> I'd like to get CCC and the CPML up and running on my fairly bare bones Alpha (Ruffian with Stable, and not much else).

The relevant tool is indeed alien (apt-get install alien should do it), but getting ccc to work is a bit involved.  Check the "compiling" thread in the archives starting last October 25 for detailed instructions.

Contrib packages which install the downloaded RPMs properly (like the realplayer package for i386) have been on my todo list since last November...  Hopefully I'll get them done in time for woody!

Zeen,

-Adam P.