Re: Problems with xwindows and avanti

Hello Philippe

On 15 Mar 2001, Philippe Troin wrote:
> I know, I've tried the latest Debian kernels on a multia, and ceil()
> and floor() hang... I've been looking for this patch for a very long
> time :-)
>
> Do you mind me asking:
>
>  - Why is this not part of the standard kernel ? Does this break
>    anything else ?

I don't know really, but I guess this pastch does not break
anything. Why it is not in the vanilla sources is beyond me. (Though I
never tried to filke a bug report, so maybe the kernel folks do not know
or care. BTW I just stole the patch from somewhere.) >
>  - Why is this not part of Debian's kernel ?

Sorry, as I said no experience with debian so far.

>  - Where does this come from ? Is it in a CVS kernel archive somewhere ?
	I saw in a mail from IIRC the kernel list, that was reposted by
Michal Jaegermann on c.o.l.a or the redhat-axp list. I just tried it and
it worked for me.

Ahoi
	Sebastian Moeller