Re: Problems with xwindows and avanti

> On Mar 14, Sun Un scratched in indelible ink :

> Just the applications hang. Both xfig and xmgrace appear to be taking up
> a lot of CPU. The former does not
> even shown a window and the latter displays the standard startup, but is
> completely unresponsive.

are you running stable or unstable?  My AS255 (potato/stable) has been running
xfig quite happily for a long time now. (Along with everything else)

beowulf[2]~> uptime
2:52pm  up 112 days,  1:03,  2 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.03, 0.01

*grin*
I haven't applied any of these patches the other guys have mentioned either.
What do they do our of interest?

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy