Re: CPU cache

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 07:14:02PM -0500, Per Wigren wrote:

> I have a PWS433a clocked to 566 mhz. It's supposed to have 2MB cache, but
> "show config" in SRM says "0 MB cache" and AlphaBIOS says "No external
> cache"...   How come? Are we talking about the same cache?

Do you remember if the cache was recognized BEFORE you overclocked?

Also, it's pretty easy to tell whether you have cache or not by inspection;
the cache is implemented as a little daughtercard no bigger than 4" x 4",
attached near the top of the motherboard.

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com