openafs on alpha linux
Diffs to openafs-1.0.2 to support Alpha-Linux are at
It has been tested on a system running glibc-2.2, with gcc version
2.95.3 of 20010125 and kernel version 2.2.16 on one processor.
Current status is:-
- afsd, libafs-2.2.16, bosserver, kasserver, ptserver, vlserver,
volserver, fs, vos, klog, tokens work
- Threaded fileserver is likely to segfault, the non-threaded one in
obj/viced/fileserver works reliably right now
- DES does not work yet at all: all tokens are passed in the clear
- I propose the sysname to be alpha_linux22 with an id of 2001, and for
future use alpha_linux24 with an id of 2002. The 2000 block should be for
- I have not tested (and have an aversion to) the AFS standard buserver
and associated stuff
- I also have not tested the pam libraries yet.
- It has also not been tested with any 2.4 kernel.
Let me know if you think it is useful or if you have any suggestions.
"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client." Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken firstname.lastname@example.org Is your penguin 64 bit?